- Hospital Fees: breast enlargement surgery performed in a hospital setting is an option however this tends to drive the cost of the procedure up because of:
- an additional charge for the use of the hospital operating room
- the preoperative hospital evaluation that is done on the day of arrival
- hospital anesthetic cost
The other option is to have the procedure done in an accredited, in-office operating room. The added hospital fees are not necessary and therefore the overall fee can be significantly reduced without sacrificing safety.
2. Breast Implants: there are several implant choices, but, over the past few years, many surgeons have gone from the Saline implant to the high tension gel silicone implant because of safety factors and a more natural feel. The saline implants are much less expensive than the silicone implants and you should take this into consideration when reviewing and comparing fees. I currently recommend the use of the high tension gel implant (Gummy Bear) and offer it almost exclusively in my practice.
3. Surgeons Fees: it is strongly recommended that prior to selecting your surgeon that you review his credentials and determine if he or she is a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Unfortunately, many low cost clinics often employ less experienced, non-board certified surgeons and can therefore offer lower fees.
4. Consultation Fee: Most physicians charge a consultation fee. This fee can range from $55 to $100. The consultation is required in order to determine the patients goals and to provide a reasonable and realistic enlargement relative to the patients chest wall anatomy and body size.
5.Anesthetic Fees: the Breast Augmentation requires in most cases a general anesthetic. Anesthetic fees vary greatly from region to region but you should anticipate the fee being approximately 20% of the total fee.
For a full cost comparison of Breast Augmentation Fees in the Midwest Click Here
For future updates on the latest information in Plastic Surgery hit the follow me button on the right and we will send you email alerts for any new posts. See the links below for more information on the Breast Augmentation Procedure