Anti-wrinkle procedure, needle injections —these daunting phrases associated with using Botox as a wrinkle reducer may be no more. New preliminary research suggests that a gel based topical Botox called RT001, could help reduce facial wrinkles—withoutthe pain of needles.
- Has been shown to produce significant improvement in the crow’s feet wrinkles in 89% of the 553 patients already treated
- Similar to the injectiable form, the gel relaxes the muscles responsible for causing skin wrinkles beneath the skin
- Is not yet FDA approved and therefore will not be available until 2013 or 2014
- Preliminary results are significant and exciting, but not quite as successful as traditional injectable Botox
- Results of topical Botox have proved to last up to three months